Landice has built first-rate treadmills in the USA since 1967. Now 50 years old, the company has much to celebrate. It’s a worldwide leader in the fitness industry, regularly winning accolades from Consumer Guide, Consumer Report, Runner’s World, and other trusted reviewers. Landice primarily serves light commercial and commercial fitness centers, but it’s also a preferred brand for elite home gyms — and, when sold for home use, Landice treadmills carry lifetime warranties.
Landice Treadmill Models
Understanding the Landice treadmill selection is easy. You’ll come across many machine names, but essentially there are two models for residential or light commercial use. One is standard sized… one is oversized… and each can be topped with your choice of workout control panels.
L7 and L7 LTD
The Landice with a standard 20″ x 58″ workout area is called the L7 when sold with a home-use warranty (lifetime parts coverage). For light commercial use (five-year parts coverage), it’s called the L7 LTD, or L7 Limited. This cardio trainer has a 400-pound user weight capacity.
The L7 and L7 LTD models feature a powerful 4.0 HP continuous duty motor capable of supporting sprints of up to 12 miles per hour. Runners with knee issues can rest assured the VFX Shock Absorption provides cushioning that’s five times softer than grass, and you can keep your workouts interesting with the ability to add incline up to 15 percent, allowing for higher calorie burn and better muscle definition.
Wireless heart rate monitoring as well as built-in, hand-grip pulse sensors are included to help you achieve your fitness goals. You can also customize your order with a few add-on options at checkout including:
- Tablet computer bracket
- VESA-D bracket capable of supporting a monitor up to 19 inches
- Medical rails for added safety
- Orthopedic cushioning
The L7 or L7 LTD Could be for You If:
- You have a larger budget and are looking for a long-term treadmill.
- Intended use will be for those of average height.
- Features like advanced top running speed and a wide range of incline angles are important to you.
- Low-impact options are needed to reduce wear and tear on the knees.
- Intended use will be for people who carry a lot of weight.
L8 and L8 LTD
The supersized Landice treadmill has a 22″ x 63″ workout area. It’s labeled L8 for home use. For light commercial use, it’s called the L8 LTD. This fitness machine has a 500-pound user weight capacity.
Much like the L7 and L7 LTD, the L8 and L8 LTD models feature the same 4.0 HP continuous duty motor, 12 miles per hour top speed, and 15 percent incline. Likewise, the extra features mentioned above are also an option. So, what sets this model apart? Put simply, it’s capable of supporting larger, faster, and more aggressive runners. This is due to:
- Larger workout area
- Higher weight capacity
Considering the weight limit on a standard commercial treadmill is 400 pounds, the L8 or L8 LTD treadmill is an ideal choice for anyone specifically seeking a product capable of handling these higher demands. Furthermore, the larger belt is ideal for tall runners.
The L8 or L8 LTD Could be for You If:
- You need a treadmill that will stand the test of time and are willing to invest extra for longevity.
- Intended use will include individuals of taller-than-average height.
- You need something capable of handling heavier folks.
Looking for a high-end treadmill to meet the needs of a demanding club environment? Although the price tag is high, the L10 could be well worth the investment. It’s specifically designed for heavy commercial use. The 22” x 60” running area is ideal for the average runner, and the 500-pound weight capacity ensures it’ll be capable of meeting the needs of a variety of members.
A Step Above to Meet Diverse Needs
Unlike the L7 and L8 models with their 4.0 HP continuous duty motors, the L10 goes a step further with a 5.0 HP AC drive. Again, this extra power provides more versatility in the health club environment to meet the diverse needs of a large clientele. It even features a top speed of 15 miles per hour for the die-hard runners who visit your facility.
The L10 Could be for You If:
- You own a club with a diverse membership and need a product capable of meeting varied needs.
- You value quality over low cost.
- You want to work with a company that offers excellent customer service and above-average warranties.
Landice Control Panels
Each Landice treadmill can be customized with one of three workout control panels. These vary in terms of workout selection, display window, and whether or not Bluetooth is included.
- The top-tier choice is the Achieve Control Panel. Benefits include a full-color touchscreen and the richest Landice menu of preset workout programs and fitness tests.
- The average shopper can typically suffice with the Cardio Control Panel, the mid-range option that provides plenty of preset workouts and heart rate monitoring programs.
- For those wishing to save as much money as possible, the Pro Sports Panel comes at a lower cost but offers the least in terms of workout programs and is not Bluetooth enabled.
High-end standard features include:
- Maintenance-free, four-ply tread track
- Power incline up to 15%
- The usual amenities for a health club fitness machine including wireless heart rate monitoring, a reading rack, stereo speakers, a water bottle holder, and a cooling fan.
What We Like:
- Customer Service: Landice is a member of the Online Better Business Bureau and consistently demonstrates excellent commitment to customer service. The company also has a presence in brick-and-mortar retail establishments. Free in-home labor is provided to new treadmill owners who live within 60 miles of a Landice dealer.
- High Capacity: Landice L8, L8 LTD, and L10 treadmills can support trainees weighing up to 500 pounds. Additionally, an uncommonly spacious training area of 22″ wide x 63″ is an option. The smaller L7 or L7 LTD is also high capacity with a user weight limit of 400 pounds.
- Control Panels: The variety of Landice consoles lets you choose simplicity or advanced functionality. All three consoles support wireless heart rate monitoring. Other favorite features are a 9″ full-color display, heart rate controlled workouts, and military fitness tests. Additionally, with the top-tier Achieve Control Panel, you can enjoy even more preset workouts and heart rate programs.
- Motor: Landice treadmills have strong yet quiet 4.0 and 5.0 HP continuous duty motors. Like other Landice components, these motors are made in the USA.
- Tracks: Tracks on these machines are durable (four-ply) and well cushioned. The default cushioning is called VTX Shock Absorption. It’s been tested as five times more impact-absorbing than grass. You can upgrade to even softer orthopedic cushioning for a small surcharge.
- Warranty: Landice home treadmills are sold with lifetime warranties. (With most other home treadmills, only the frame is protected lifelong.) Landice light commercial and commercial treadmill warranty packages also lead the industry with their five years of parts protection.
What We Don’t Like:
- Footprint: Landice treadmills are extremely sturdy, and large machine bases contribute to the stability. However, this means they take up a lot of space. The L8 or L8 LTD is especially large at 35″ wide and 83″ long.
- Price: Top-class treadmills come at a high price. Expect to pay about $4K or more for a new Landice treadmill. Advertised prices include tax, delivery, and professional assembly.
Landice treadmills are premium-quality machines. They’re durable, easy to use, loaded with high-end features, and can be equipped with valuable extras. Unlike many treadmill brands, Landice is suitable for users who are tall and/or heavy. The only potential drawbacks are the upfront cost and above-average machine dimensions. We recommend this treadmill brand for shoppers with bigger budgets who seek fitness equipment for the long term.