The Landice L7 is made in the USA and a top-notch option that’s built to last. Along with the larger L8, it’s the world’s only home treadmill with a lifetime parts warranty. Built with aircraft-grade aluminum, Landice treadmill frames are virtually indestructible. The 58-inch track on the L7 might feel short for runners over six feet tall, but, otherwise, this machine is ideal for virtually any athlete or family. Long-legged runners will prefer the L8. You can customize your order with one of three console options and choose from a selection of suspension, entertainment, and handrail upgrades.
- US-made, 4.0 HP continuous duty motor
- Lifetime warranty
- VFX Shock Absorption
- Non-folding, so too large for some settings
To ensure our readers get up-to-date, accurate, unbiased information, our team thoroughly researched the entirety of the Landice line of products. This included reaching out to customer service and comparing their feedback with end-user ratings and evaluations. To deliver the most accurate valuation, we compared the quality, cost, and availability in our final determination.
Landice L7 Key Specs
A hidden bonus of Landice treadmills is their extraordinary cushioning. The L7 keeps impact on joints and tendons minimal, a great feature for those with joint and mobility issues. This decreased impact will help you avoid injury, exercise longer, and reach fitness goals more efficiently. The power incline also helps reduce impact while boosting calorie burn and targeting specific muscles. The L7 has a maximum incline of 15 percent.
Many Indicators of Great Durability
Motor and Tread Belt to Stand the Test of Time
- The powerful, 4.0 HP motor supports sprints up to 12 mph. Similar quality is found in the L7 Club Treadmill belt. It measures 20″ x 58″ with workmanship far superior to most. While others require waxing and might easily stretch or snap, this belt can run maintenance-free for years. It features four layers of material (others have one or two) and travels along premium rollers. Furthermore, since the deck is reversible, great durability is further aided.
High Weight Capacity
- The L7 has a 400-pound user weight capacity.
- Unlike any other treadmill manufacturer, Landice sells their machines with lifetime coverage on the frame and parts. In-home labor is free during the first year if you live within 60 miles of the dealer’s nearest store.
Choice of Three Quality Consoles
A fun part of buying a Landice is choosing the console. Depending on your needs, you get the choice of three quality options:
- Pro Sports Control Panel – The Pro Sports console is the least expensive and most basic. Its LCD screen can access five preset workout programs that users can customize by time, speed, and elevation. There are also five custom-made workouts. This control panel does not support multiple user profiles.
- Cardio Control Panel – A great match for those focused on heart rate and performance, the Cardio has two preset heart rate workouts and supports two user-programmed heart rate workouts along with many other programs and three fitness tests. This control panel has a 9″ LCD window. Up to four users can save data and statistics, and the five built-in programs make it easy to get in a great workout without lots of pre-planning for the fitness guru on-the-go.
- Achieve Control Panel – The Achieve console offers the most in terms of workout programs as it offers three more built-in programs compared with the Cardio option as well as an extra user-defined program and two additional user-defined heart rate monitoring programs. The 9-inch LCD screen is tactile and easy to clean.
The L7 is sold with a choice of cushioning systems. The base price includes VFX Shock Absorption. It’s about five times softer than grass and quite comfortable. For another $300, you can get orthopedic suspension, which offers seven times more cushioning than grass.
The running surface can incline up to 15 percent, which provides challenging cardio workouts, faster calorie burn, and improved muscle definition.
Heart Rate Monitoring
All versions of the L7 allow wireless heart rate monitoring in addition to the built-in hand grip pulse sensors.
Standard Included Features
The Landice L7 treadmill comes equipped with:
- A safety lanyard to that stops the machine if you fall
- USB port
- Bottle holder
- Emergency stop button
During checkout, optional equipment includes:
- Treadmill television
- Tablet computer bracket, which allows for a consistently relevant screen docked on your treadmill despite frequent digital tech advances
- VESA-D bracket capable of supporting a monitor up to 19-inches
- Medical rails (long safety bars)
- Orthopedic cushioning
Who Should Buy the Landice L7 Treadmill?
If you have a large budget and are a serious runner ready to invest in a product that’s built to last, the Landice line of products is an excellent option. In particular, the L7 model is ideal for:
- Runners under six feet tall and less than 400 pounds
- Serious fitness enthusiasts
- Runners with space for a non-folding treadmill
The Landice L7 is easily one of the best residential treadmills available in terms of quality. It’s appealing in just about every category, making it worth the higher price tag. The treadmill ships with excellent basics and offers a number of tempting upgrades from entertainment options to safety rails and more.
It’s worth noting that, as a non-folding treadmill with a large footprint of 35″ W x 76″ L and 58″ H, it can be too large for those with limited space. Furthermore, as a club-quality treadmill, the L7 weighs over 300 pounds, so don’t expect to move this machine around with ease.
With that being said, it offers top-notch value in the long term with excellent durability, earning it a top recommendation for those seeking the quality of a health club treadmill and value of a lifetime guarantee.
Landice L7 FAQs
Where Is the Landice L7 Manufactured?
Landice treadmills are made in the USA.
Is the Landice L7 Quiet?
One of the great things about spending extra on quality is that you get what you pay for, and this stands true in the seamless way the Landice L7 treadmill runs. It’s makes minimal noise and is very sturdy.
How Long Will the Landice L7 Last?
When cared for according to the manufacturer’s recommendations, your Landice L7 treadmill can easily last up to 30 years.
How Do You Lubricate a Landice L7 Treadmill?
Landice recommends using Slipcoat brand lubricant, applying onto the middle 10 inches of the deck. Avoid application of any lubricant on the top of the belt. Full instructions are provided in the user’s manual.
Should I Keep the Landice L7 on a Mat?
While it’s up to you, placing a mat under your treadmill on hard floors can go a long way in preventing dust buildup beneath the treadmill and in the motor compartment.
What’s Changed This Year
Technology is advancing all the time. Landice frequently makes changes to keep up with the competition and offer their customers the best possible versions of their products. They’re also sometimes forced to make adjustments due to things like acquisitions. Below are recent changes that have impacted the latest version of the Landice L7 treadmill:
- March 08, 2021- Landice introduces the new Landice Achieve Console. It replaces the Executive Console as the premium option for users who want the top-notch features.
- Executive Control Panel discontinued, leaving consumers with two control panel options.
- Pro-Trainer Control Panel is discontinued.
- December 2018- All assets, trademarks, and intellectual property related to the RunSocial® software platform were acquired by Nautilus, and Landice ceased integration with the software.