What We Like
- High-quality parts: Sole home treadmills include many commercial-grade components. These help support the user’s health and extend the life of the machine.
- Motor: The F83 has a quiet 3.0 HP motor with ultra-high torque. It can support a user weighing up to 375 pounds.
- Track: The Sole F83 has a durable two-ply track. The long 58”x20” surface inclines by 15%, which is more than many treadmills offer. By working out on an incline, a user can burn calories much more efficiently. Furthermore, the treadmill’s CushionFlex technology has been proven to reduce joint impact by up to 40% when compared with road running. This exceeds the impact reduction offered by many other brands.
- Audio: The F83 has built-in speakers that can play music from your iPod or other MP3 player.
- Compact design: The F83 can be folded with an Easy Assist folding feature.
- Warranties: Sole warranties are among the best in the business. The F83 includes a lifetime warranty on the frame and motor, a five-year warranty on electronics and parts, and two years of in-home service.
- Extras: The F83 has a wireless heart rate monitor that can be monitored with a graph on the console. A built-in fan helps users extend their exercise time, and incline and speed controls are built into the armrests.
What We Don’t Like
- It’s not easy to find fault with Sole treadmills. Like the F80, the F83 has a limited number of workout programs: six standard programs, two heart rate programs, and two user-defined programs.
Sole treadmills are highly recommended, and the Sole F83 is an excellent value when bought on sale. The F83’s main advantages over the F80 are a higher weight capacity and a longer track. If these aren’t necessities, then the F80 is a better buy.
The Sole F83’s commercial-grade motor and cushioned track can support many years of use, and many users will be sufficiently entertained by the MP3 player.
Note that this machine is intended for people who don’t need advanced workout programs; it has just ten programs and isn’t wired for iFit service.