Ready for a new kind of cardio trainer? We typically focus on treadmills, but ProForm’s HIIT Trainer Pro is a treadmill alternative worth sharing. This total body trainer minimizes the risk of physical strain, while making calories disappear, sculpting lean muscle, and improving heart endurance. The electronic features are impressive as well, serving up a 10″ touchscreen, music speakers, and tablet holder. The new HIIT Trainer Pro offers several training advantages over standard treadmills.
In terms of “joint friendliness” even the best treadmills pale in comparison with HIIT Trainer Pros. A risk of running outdoors or on a treadmill is the impact from each footfall, which often leads to injury and deflects from efficiency. While HIIT training, the lower body never loses contact with the machine. The trainee’s feet are constantly touching with smooth-moving cushioned pedals, so each stride is virtually zero-impact for comfort, efficiency, and enhanced endurance.
How does the whole body move with the HIIT Trainer Pro? Foot pedals move the legs vertically like a step machine, but with an ellipse footpath that is easier on the knees (twenty-six resistance settings are available for varying challenge levels). The upper body also gets a powerful workout with the energizing motions of boxing. It’s easy to use the trainer in manual mode, but plenty of motivating workout guidance is included. An excellent selection of training programs come built-in and personalized programs including virtual world tours with Google Maps can be downloaded via iFit membership.
What We Like:
- Total Body Training: Similar to an elliptical, the HIIT Trainer Pro trains the upper body and lower body simultaneous. This makes the unit a more effective calorie blaster than a typical treadmill, while also toning muscles in the arms, legs, and core.
- Compact Size: This total body trainer takes up less space than a standard treadmill or rear drive elliptical. Dimensions are 39″ L x 29.25″ W x 66.7″ H.
- Resistance: The 26 resistance settings on this cross-trainer allow the machine to accommodate a wide range of ability levels.
- Preset Programs: Thirty-four workouts are included to help trainees focus on weight loss, cardiovascular endurance, and other fitness goals. The workouts were all designed by certified personal trainers to maximize each training session.
- iFit Enabled: The HIIT Trainer Pro is ready for use with an iFit membership. The many benefits of iFit membership include automated stats tracking, video workouts with celebrity personal trainers, interactive Google Maps workouts, and more.
- 10-Inch Touchscreen: A built-in full-color touchscreen can access exercise programs and workout stats. A ledge for supporting a tablet computer comes on the console as well.
- 30-Pound Drive: A 30-pound flywheel allows the HIIT Pro perform with the smoothness of a health club cross-trainer.
- Cushioned Pedals: The pedals on this unit are cushioned for comfort and are oversized to allow users to reposition their feet mid-workout.
- Smartphone Compatible: The cross-trainer has an smartphone compatible port and 2″ speakers for audio motivation.
- Multigrip Handlebars: U-shaped handlebars on the HIIT Trainer Pro enable multiple grip positions. This makes it easy to diversify upper-body training.
- Console Extras: The built-in console fan has two speed settings and convenient console controls. The console also has a water bottle holder and a ledge for a mobile device or magazine.
- Warranty and Guarantee: ]\The factory-direct deal includes a lifetime warranty on the HIIT Trainer Pro’s steel frame, five years on parts, and two years on labor. Online customers also get a 30-day money-back guarantee.
ProForm HIIT Trainer Pro Treadmill - Key Specs:
|Top Speed:||N/A MPH|
|Weight Capacity:||350 LBS|
|Dimensions:||39" L x 29.25" W x 66.7" H|
- Intensity: A strength of this trainer is also a potential drawback. We love how it trains the whole body at once. Short workout sessions can be powerful, but casual exercise isn’t exactly an option.
- Assembly: This machine weighs about 200 pounds and is cumbersome to assemble. You might want to pay extra for professional set-up.
See ProForm’s Promotional Video of the HIIT Trainer Pro
With impressive specs and a generous price/warranty combination, the new ProForm HIIT Trainer Pro earns an enthusiastic review. This wouldn’t be our top choice for low-intensity rehab, but for more advanced fitness objectives with high intensity interval training, it’s a star. You’ll love the calorie burn rate during each training session and the exercise will keep your engine revved for hours after a workout. This high quality trainer is a great match for many of our readers because it’s gentle on the body, has many challenge levels, and uses workout time efficiently.