The NordicTrack C 1650 is a folding treadmill with 3.5 CHP that debuted in 2014. It was feature-rich at the time and has since been upgraded with a 10″ touchscreen for checking fitness stats, surfing the web, and streaming interactive Google Maps workouts with iFit Coach. Though the C1650 has been discontinued by NordicTrack, it is still available on Amazon.
Overall, the C 1650 is a great buy at a reasonable price. Higher quality NordicTrack treadmills are available but the C 1650 is the top model this series. It can support a runner’s workouts thanks to a 3.5 CHP motor, a roomy track and on/off deck cushioning. However, with relatively small belt rollers, this treadmill might require regular maintenance if used for running a few times per week. Though the machine can support runners, it’s better for walkers.
Highlights of the C 1650 Treadmill are a 10″ web-enabled color touchscreen, iFit Coach workout access, 34 built-in workouts, a 20″ x 60″ exercise area with power incline, and a respectable motor with a lifetime warranty. It’s a dependable a versatile treadmill for the casual user, but certainly not designed for marathon training or anything along those lines.
What We Like:
- Incline: When slope is added to workouts, you can say goodbye to fitness plateaus. The NordicTrack C 1650 Pro has power incline up to 12 percent to help boost calorie burn, muscle toning, and cardiovascular challenge. If you use iFit Coach with Google Maps, the treadmill can automatically adjust its incline to match real topography in a virtual workout.
- iFit Coach: iFit Coach is a major contributor to NordicTrack’s popularity. Using your home’s WiFi connection, iFit Coach lets you access unlimited personalized workout downloads, online races, customized recipe suggestions, message boards and other fitness support. An especially popular feature is integration with Google Maps for interactive workouts that let you virtually walk, jog ,or run along map routes worldwide. iFit Coach can also be a 24/7 fitness partner, even suggesting your best bedtime and morning meal. Visit the NordicTrack website for a full list of iFit benefits.
- Built-In Programs: The only downside to iFit Coach is the subscription fee. If you’d rather not get an iFit membership, this treadmill still comes with plenty of built-in workout programs. The touchscreen makes it easy to choose from nearly three dozen of them that fall into one of four goal categories: intensity, heart rate, incline, and speed.
- Web-Enabled Touchscreen: The new C 1650 features a 10″ color touchscreen. Thanks to an Android browser, it’s not just a data screen but also a portal to the web and iFit Coach.
- Adjustable Tablet Holder: An adjustable tablet holder is set at eye level, making it convenient to use your own apps for entertainment, multitasking, and fitness.
- Heart Rate Monitors: Trainees get two methods of heart rate monitoring. Contact sensors are built into the handlebars and the treadmill is compatible with Bluetooth wireless heart rate transmitters. With iFit Coach membership, you can automatically track your heart rate data throughout each workout as well as longterm.
- Horsepower: The 3.5 CHP motor is designed to operate quietly and without skipping, even if you frequently change speeds. It has a lifetime warranty.
- Audio: Music can help exercisers stay motivated and build endurance. The C 1650 is smartphone compatible and has two 3″ speakers. For comparison, some cheaper NordicTracks have 2″ speakers.
- Track & Deck: This machine has a 60″ x 20″ track, providing ample room for nearly any runner. Cushioning is provided by FlexSelect, which is an on/off system. You can activate the cushioning to absorb impact or turn it off to “feel the road.”
- Amenities: Besides the above features, this model has an AutoBreeze fan that self-adjusts to match the user’s workout intensity. A storage tray is provided for holding a small towel and other items.
- Foldable: This home treadmill is heavy, but hydraulics make it easy to fold upright.
- Warranty: The NordicTrack C 1650 Treadmill is sold with a generous warranty, especially if you buy the machine at a discount price. There’s a five-year parts and electronics warranty, a two-year labor warranty, and a lifetime warranty on the frame and motor.
NordicTrack C 1650 Treadmill Treadmill - Key Specs:
|Incline:||0 to 12%|
|Running Area:||20" x 60"|
|Top Speed:||12 MPH|
|Weight Capacity:||300 LBS|
|Dimensions:||78.3" L x 35.75" W x 56.4" H|
- Assembly: Customers review NordicTrack C Series treadmills as cumbersome to assemble. Consider paying for setup.
- No Decline: Unlike the original C 1650, this unit doesn’t offer power decline. Tracks with power incline plus decline are featured in the NordicTrack Commercial Series.
- Roller Size: The workout belt rollers are well-made except for the size. At 1.9″ they’re not as wide as those on higher-priced treadmills. Larger rollers help minimize the machine’s maintenance needs.
The NordicTrack C 1650 Pro Treadmill is especially good deal for walkers or joggers and could serve runners for a good four or five years. This machine has a very capable 3.5 CHP motor, a standard-sized belt for running, and power incline for high performance. The music speakers, web-enabled touchscreen and tablet computer shelf can help anyone enjoy treadmill workouts. A treadmill with something for everyone.