The Mobia cardio machine is produced by Nautilus, a global leader in exercise equipment. Nautilus is based in the United States and is known for manufacturing great product lines such as Bowflex and StairMaster.
What We Like
- Results: A study conducted at Adelphi University concludes that Mobia helps users burn up to twice the number of calories they’d burn when using a treadmill at the same speed.
- Appearance: As Mobia helps people look better, it looks pretty good itself. Its clean white and brushed metal design is aesthetically appealing and blends nicely with any home gym or home décor. It’s also small enough to fit into most people’s homes.
- Heart rate monitor: The included chest strap heart rate monitor helps users to exercise at their target heart rates.
- Low impact workouts: The Mobia cardio machine enables people to walk at just 3 or 4 miles per hour while still getting an exceptional workout. The machine encourages fluid motion rather than up-and-down movement that stresses the joints. It’s much easier on the body than running is, but it can deliver the same great results.
- Track: The Mobia’s 52” track is adequate for most users. Since the machine is not used for running, it doesn’t need to accommodate especially long strides. However, tall exercisers might prefer the slightly longer tracks on Bowflex TreadClimbers.
What We Don’t Like
- Programs: Although users can vary its resistance, speed, and incline, the Mobia machine is not loaded with programs. Thus it’s probably best to park the machine in front of a television or have audio entertainment handy.
- Warranty: With just two years of protection on the motor, hydraulics, electronics, and other parts, the Mobia is sold with a mediocre warranty.
The Mobia is an attractive machine that’s so easy to use, it can help many people stick to an exercise schedule. It provides low-impact workouts that quickly burn calories, tone the body, and provide healthy cardiovascular exercise. However, since the Mobia has not been on the market for long, its somewhat short warranty is a cause for concern.