Safety and comfort features include full-length medical handrails, a larger running area, and a multiply polyester non-slip PVC surface belt. And while this model lacks advanced entertainment options, basics of the console are included, along with a free membership to your very own LifeSpan Club account for an innovative, smart way to record, store and sync workout data using your favorite devices or the built-in USB data port.
What We Like:
- Running Area: A spacious running area of 22 inches wide by 62 inches long means increased safety and comfort; an excellent feature on this model.
- Belt: This multi-ply polyester non-slip PVC belt is not only safe and durable, it also features a reverse belt motion with speeds up to 3 mph. This reverse motion belt is ideal for use in rehabilitation after an injury.
- Motor: Having a powerful motor on a commercial piece of equipment like this is essential to the longevity and comfort of the machine. This treadmill is built with a powerful 5HP permanent magnet AC motor (versus a DC (direct current) motor that are featured in residential treadmills).
- Max User Weight: Most treadmills top out with user maximum weights somewhere around 400 pounds, but this model can withstand an impressive 500 pounds. Not only is this ideal for daily use with many different people using the same treadmill, it also signifies a powerful drive system and smooth, quiet operation.
- Full-Length Handrails: Designed with full-length medical grade handrails, users have increased support while using the treadmill as well as when entering and exiting. In addition to increased comfort, this is a top safety feature as well.
- Built-in USB Data Port and Free Apps: To easily store and record data to the LifeSpan Club account (membership included), there is a built-in USB data port to collect all of your workout data. However, the actual USB drive is not included. Users can also download the free Active Trac™ or Train and Train™ apps that support Apple or Android devices. These apps wirelessly turn your device into part of the console where users can store and sync workout results right to the device via the free app.
- Incline/Decline: This treadmill features an incline of up 12% and a decline of -3%, making this trainer a very versatile machine. These features are especially useful on a medical grade treadmill where users will be working multiple muscle groups, for many different purposes (such as rehabilitation).
- Reversing belt: No need to awkwardly turnaround on your treadmill, with a belt that will go up to 3 MPH in reverse.
- Fitness Assessment Program: The built-in Rockport Fitness Assessment is an aerobic fitness test that uses submaximal V02 calculation to determine total aerobic fitness. This test requires no expensive equipment and can be self-administered, and the only information you will need is the user’s body weight for the V02 max calculation. This information can then be used to help users set goals and monitor progress.
LifeSpan TR8000i Medical Treadmill Treadmill - Key Specs:
|Incline:||-3 to 12%|
|Running Area:||22" x 62"|
|Top Speed:||12 MPH|
|Weight Capacity:||500 LBS|
|Dimensions:||81" L x 39" W x 61" H|
- Warranty: The warranty for this commercial piece of equipment isn’t too impressive with LifeSpan covering 10 years on the frame, 5 years on the motor and parts and 1 year on labor. Most treadmills at this price point will at least offer a lifetime warranty on the frame.
- Audio Center: The console is designed with an audio jack to plug in your favorite device, and a media holder, but there are no built-in speakers so you have to either use your own headphones or play music straight from your device.
The LifeSpan TR8000i medical grade treadmill is a reliable piece of equipment, designed for use in the medical or rehabilitation setting. It’s an ideal trainer for multi-use, multi-purpose settings like a physical therapist’s office or rehabilitation clinic. The self-administered fitness assessment and built-in LifeSpan Club membership allows for personalization options, offering information that can be used to help users set and monitor goals, and the numerous safety options makes this treadmill comfortable and easy to use. Our verdict is that LifeSpan has created a quality treadmill that achieves its intended purpose, and for just under $5,000, it’s also worth the money.