The Life Fitness F3 Treadmill is a rare breed. This folding treadmill, unlike most others, has high quality engineering and great electronics. FlexDeck shock absorption also sets it apart from cheaper folding treadmills. The Life Fitness F3 consists of a sturdy base plus your choice of two consoles — “Go” and “Track” – as described below. The treadmill track measures 55″ and the entire unit has a 78.5″ x 34.5″ footprint.
The Go console is the more basic option, but it has everything you need to get effective workouts. Twelve programs are included: three classic, two advanced, three goal-oriented and five HeartSync™. The GO console lets two users each save a custom profile in order to start quickly; a Quick Start button brings up preferred settings for walking, jogging and running.
The Track console expands upon the Go’s great core. It connects to other Android™ and Apple® devices with workout apps. That means you can use unlimited third-party workout apps with the F3 Treadmill! You can also access personalized workouts and real-time workout tracking via LFConnect. The Life Fitness Track console is best for advanced trainees and for anyone who wants extra workout variety.
What We Like:
- High quality: When designing most folding treadmills, engineers clearly skimp on components and features in order to cut space and drop weight. The Life Fitness F3 is quite robust and engaging. The five-year parts warranty instills confidence too; much shorter warranties are typical for foldable treadmills.
- FlexDeck cushioning: Compared with an outdoor running surface, this Life Fitness treadmill can reduce shock on a runner’s body by up to 30%! FlexDeck cushioning helps improve endurance and minimize the risk of injury.
- Incline: The Life Fitness F3 has a power incline which can range from 0.5% to 12%. Inclines of 10% to 20% have almost become standard on home treadmills. They can dramatically increase your metabolic rate and improve muscle definition compared with 0% incline treadmills. However, few folding treadmills have motorized inclines – and when they do, customer reviews complain about quick breakdowns.
- Energy smart: Why consume energy you don’t need? The F3 is smart about the power it draws. First, if the machine is plugged in but not in use, it will automatically reduce its power draw. Second, the motor will adjust to user weight! This means that for most people, the treadmill won’t be triggered to draw max power.
- Console: Both F3 Treadmill consoles also have reading racks, accessory trays and dishwasher-friendly cup holders. How are they different from each other? The Life Fitness Go console is the most basic yet a winner. First, the programming is intuitive to navigate and the Quick Start option is handy. Second, the 12 programs make a great combo. Probably no other folding treadmill of this quality includes five heartrate-controlled workouts! The F3 Track console is best for serious athletes though because of the unlimited potential. It lets you use third-party exercise apps for workouts, plus 16 built-in workout modes. Additional benefits are accessible for this treadmill console when you connect it to LFConnect.com.
- Heart monitors: Contact and wireless heart rate monitors are included. Monitoring can be used in conjunction with the F3’s heart rate controlled workouts. Many folding treadmills only include contact heart rate monitoring, which is less accurate.
- Motor: Life Fitness F3 treadmills are powered by quiet MagnaDrive™ motors. Advanced technology detects the user’s weight and adjusts output accordingly! With 3 horsepower, the motor can handle regular use and is under warranty for 10 years.
- Warranties: The F3 with Go or Track console is sold with a lifetime warranty on the frame and cushioning system, a 10-year warranty on the motor, a five-year warranty on the electrical and mechanical parts, and a year of labor. This warranty package is for US customers. Warranties may be different for customers in other countries.
Life Fitness F3 Treadmill - Key Specs:
|Incline:||0.5% to 12%|
|Running Area:||55" x 20"|
|Top Speed:||10 MPH|
|Weight Capacity:||350 LBS|
|Dimensions:||78.5" L x 34.5" W x 58.5" H|
|Built-In Programs:||Track Console (16) and Go Console (12)|
- Short track: The track is 55″ long. That is typical for a walker’s treadmill, but it’s not long enough for tall runners.
- Overall size: You’ll need a good deal of space for this treadmill when it isn’t folded up. If its 78.5″ x 34.5″ footprint is large.
See More Review Features of the Life Fitness F3 Treadmill on video!
The F3 Treadmill is a great option for most walkers and joggers who want a folding treadmill. This does stick out as one of the best folding treadmill in terms of programming and durability. The cushioning is fantastic and the workout support with both consoles is impressive. If you’re taller though and want to run, you might prefer a treadmill with a longer 60″ track.
- July 13, 2021: Added some FAQs to the page.
- August 7, 2021: Updated specs and programming info. Added more FAQs.
Life Fitness F3 FAQs
Does the Life Fitness F3 have good cushioning?
The Life Fitness F3 comes equipped with a FlexDeck Shock Absorption System, which enhances comfort and reduces knee and joint stress by up to 30%.
How much does the Life Fitness F3 weigh?
The Life Fitness F3 weighs 264 lbs (120 kg).
Is this treadmill suitable for runners?
This treadmill is definitely suitable for runners with it’s 3 horsepower MagnaDrive motor. This treadmill can handle regular use and is under warranty for 10 years.
Is a 120-volt, 15-amp circuit sufficient for the Life Fitness F3 treadmill?
The preferred system would be 120-volt and 20-Amp, but if a 15-Amp is used, make sure that the treadmill is the only unit using that circuit. The lighter wire isn't sufficient to handle much more than this.