The Gold’s Gym Crosswalk 570 Treadmill is a mid-range treadmill with a unique design feature that allows you to burn up to 50% more calories. It’s also an affordable model at just under $500, and typically sold by retailers like Walmart.
The Crosswalk 570 is equipped with the crosswalk upper-body arms that can burn up the 50% more calories and increase your cardiovascular benefits, with workouts featuring adjustable resistance and a redesigned grip for increased comfort. This model is designed with a 2.8 HP G-Force 2 drive motor, 0 to 10% incline and 0 to 10 mph. The weight capacity is at 300 pounds.
The running area on this model is fairly compact at 20″ wide and 55″ long, and for joint support, it’s designed with the ComfortShox Max Cushioning system. The design also features a folding frame that uses the patented SpaceSaver Design.
To view workout stats while working out, a small ClearView (TM) display screen will give you the basics like time, distance and calories burned. Additionally, it is iFit compatible, so if you have a subscription to this program, you can access tons of workout programs and routes powered by Google Maps. The console area offers the basic necessities for a workout: two large water bottle holders, a cooling fan and 16 built-in workout programs. There are also two 2” speakers and smartphone compatibility, but no other entertainment options. To keep track of your heart rate, you can use the built-in dual grip PowerPulse heart rate monitor. This model also features workout intensity controls that allow you to adjust the intensity of your workout at any time; adjust the intensity and the program will automatically adjust to the desired performance level.
The warranty on this model includes lifetime coverage on the frame and 25 years coverage on the drive system.
What We Like:
- Folding Design: Folding frames are almost always on our “what we like” list (if the frames are still durable of course) because it’s such a great convenience feature for in-home use.
- Unique Design: The crosswalk upper-body arm grips allow you to work the upper-body and get in some extra calorie burn. It’s like having the benefits of an elliptical trainer and treadmill all in one.
- iFit Compatibility: You must have a subscription, but the console allows you to insert your iFit card to sync and store your workout data for advanced goal tracking.
- Price: This model is just under $500, which is definitely a budget-friendly price for anyone trying to save money.
- Program Variety: You have over 15 workout programs to choose from, giving you some nice variety to achieve your fitness goals.
What We Don’t Like:
- Display Screen: This model is designed with a pretty small display screen, though the actual dimensions are not disclosed. It can be difficult to read and is a bit crowded.
- Running Area: There is a pretty cramped running area on the Crosswalk 570 at 20″ wide and 55″ long. The average length should be somewhere closer to 60″, so this design feature might be an issue for taller people.
- Speed and Incline: With an incline of only 10% and speeds topping out at 10 mph, this model may not be the best match for runners. It is also more challenging to benefit from the additional calorie burning you get from using an incline when it only goes up to 10%.
The Gold’s Gym Crosswalk 570 comes with some nice design features like a folding frame and crosswalk arms, but it’s not really a high-performance treadmill by any means. The drive system is mediocre and the speed and incline offerings are pretty shabby. If you are a runner, this model is not for you, but if you are intending to use this machine to walk or lightly jog on, it may be a decent budget-friendly treadmill to start with. However; if you want to consider another treadmill designed for walkers by a more well-known brand (which means better durability).