The Epic A30T is an entry-level treadmill manufactured by Epic, which is part of the fitness equipment giant Icon Fitness. Epic treadmills are typically found in retail stores like Dick’s Sporting Goods. This particular model is equipped with a SpaceSaver Design with Easy Lift Assist Technology, making it an ideal choice for in-home use.
This model is equipped with a 3.0 HP commercial-grade motor and can withstand user weights up to 350 pounds. The EnergyReturn Cushioning creates a comfortable and supportive running area and the 2-ply commercial tread belt rests on large 2.5″ precision balanced rollers that are located at both ends of the belt. All of these features work toward a model has a comfortable, friction-free operation. The running area is a comfortable 20″ x 60″ as well.
Run or walk on this model from speeds ranging from 0 to 12 mph, and enjoy both an incline and decline feature. The A30T provides an incline of up to 15% and declines to -3%. You can make easy speed or incline/decline changes using the Quick-Touch keys located on the console, along with the other one-touch keys. The 7″ high-definition black and white screen will show you the basic workout readouts and also comes with 30 workout apps and iFit compatibility, as well as 2 user Ids. The browser is powered by Android. Other console amenities include full audio functions, a 4″ fan and a water bottle holder.
The warranty on this model includes lifetime coverage on the frame and motor, with 3 years on parts and 1 year on labor.
What We Like:
- Folding Design: This model is equipped with a SpaceSaver Design that uses Easy Lift Assist Technology. Folding treadmills are excellent for in-home use, and this model offers an easy-to-use folding frame.
- Safety Features: With SafeZone Technology, an alert is sent and the treadmill is automatically shut-down if a child or pet approaches the treadmill from the rear. This is a unique feature that is great for people with small children or pets.
- Decline Capability: A decline option is an excellent feature that not all treadmills will offer. This model will decline from -3 to 0%, which is beneficial for anyone who wants to simulate varying terrain.
- Program Variety: This model wows in the workout program department. With an impressive 30 built-in workout programs and two personalized user Ids, it’s easy to get individualized workout results, no matter your fitness goals.
- iFit Compatibility: In addition to great program variety, this model is also iFit compatible, but the subscription is sold separately. iFit is a program that allows users to download hundreds of professionally designed workouts, a workout builder program, and even access Google Maps for unique routes.
- Price: This model is well under the $1500 price point, making it a budget-friendly treadmill for most people.
- Warranty: We always like to see lifetime warranties, and this model comes with lifetime coverage on both the frame and the motor.
What We Don’t Like:
- Display Screen: The display screen dimensions aren’t terrible at 7 inches, but it is a bit of a crowded display and can be difficult to read.
- Heart Rate Monitoring: Though this model is equipped to work with a wireless chest strap receiver, the chest strap is not included. You can however use the dual-grips built into the handlebars.
This is a pretty reliable treadmill with some nice comfort and performance features. It’s affordable and features a folding design, so it’s an ideal piece of equipment for in-home use, and the console offers some advanced tracking options like iFit compatibility (subscription sold separately), making it easy to track fitness goals. When purchasing a folding frame treadmill, durability is everything so be sure to make sure the deck is sturdy and not too thin or lightweight. For example, the Sole F80 is a multiple best buy award-winner that features a powerful motor and large running area.